- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
3 days / 2 nights
Day 1 - Visit to Viminacium archaeological site, one of the biggest Roman cities from 1st century. Visit to Golubac Fortress from 14th century, one of the most beautiful medieval fortresses on the Danube River, where the Danube is widest (6,5 km) and that’s just before Djerdap Gorge. Lunch on Danube River bank. Visit to Lepenski Vir archaeological site, oldest urban settlement in Europe (7000 years BC). Overnight in Donji Milanovac Town, on Danube River.
Day 2 - Cruise on Danube River, along Djerdap Gorge, the longest (100 kilometers long) and deepest (92 meters) gorge in Europe. The oldest European urban settlements dated 10.000 years ago were spread. During the cruise we see the remains of Trajan’s Bridge (1127 meter long stone bridge that Roman Emperor Trajan built at beginning of 2nd century), the largest European 55 meter high rock sculpture depicting Decebal the last king of Dacia in early 2nd century. Visit to stone bridges on the Vratna River, the largest natural stone bridges in Europe. Visit to Rajacke Pimnice, wine complex with about 200 stone houses with wine-cellars. Follows sightseeing of Felix Romuliana Roman archaeological site on the UNESCO list, that keeps remains of one of best preserved Roman Imperial Palaces in the world, built in 3rd century, that is the place of the last Apotheosis (glorification to divine status) of Roman Emperor, Galerius in 311AD. Overnight in Rtanj Mountain area.
Day 3 - Visit to Resavska Cave, most famous Serbian cave system. Lunch in restaurant in a cave beside Lisine Waterfall or on open air. Follows visit to Manasija Monastery, fortified medieval monastery and one of the most important monuments of Serbian medieval art from the beginning of the 15th century. Visit to Natural History Center of Serbia with exhibition dedicated to dinosaurs, Ice Age animals, world wildlife and geology. Back to Belgrade.
- 2 BB accommodation in selected hotels, according to the program
- 3 days of transfers, comfortable high class car/van/minibus/coach according to the program, with air condition, adjustable seats, safety belts… with included all tolls, parkings and all other costs
- 3 days of services of professional experienced licenced English tour guide/ group leader, with all meals and accommodation for him included
- services of professional licenced local English tour guides
- 3 lunches during the tours (diverse and selected national specialties characteristic for countries and regions you are visiting)
- 2 dinners in selected restaurant
- All entrances, cruises and other services according to the program
- Tips for tour guide/ group leader/ driver, local tour guides, hotel staff and waiters
- Donations for churches that have free entrance